Wednesday 31 October 2012

The Next Stage....Outdoor Space

I am currently looking up artist to spark some new ideas!!!


I plan to take my idea of these overlapping lines and root like movement and play around with scale, media, materials, composition and location working both 2Dimentional and 3 Dimensional!

So I started thinking location and my previous work is indoors I felt it’s time to take it outside!!
As I was told by a tutor that I don’t need to be using such materials like ribbon and expensive threads that I can get the same idea across but using more simply materials!! That straight away got me thinking and I also wanted to explore using a larger scale as my previous work was smaller!!

I have been home for the weekend doing my washing and I am looking at this pile of dirty clothes thinking I could bring these outside as there already dirty!!

Then I thought I have to make them long enough to overlap and rolled them up and loosely wrapped them with ribbon or whatever I could find!!

I tried my best to attach a different colour piece of clothing to keep it nice and colourful!! !

Using my current location at the time my back garden as I felt being out the front of the house might not go down well with the neighbours!!

I only had so much dirty clothes I was limited to how many lines I had to overlap! I placed the start of the line on the wall as if it was disappearing behind it and continued it through the garden...


         Then I placed my second piece to overlap the first!! 



  I still had my ribbons from my pervious installation I thought of the scale breaking up and forming into these small pieces and then disappearing into the ground!!


 Playing with photography and composition..
                                                   I like how the colours merge together!!




No comments:

Post a Comment