Tuesday 23 October 2012

Experimenting!!


As I have been looking at underground space I started thinking about creating my own space within an object, and like the growth of roots, that movement that happens in that space and experimenting with different ways of capturing that movement while keeping in mind line and colour. I took this Styrofoam ball because it reminded me how I viewed the grass, your first impression of it is it’s a ball there is nothing inside, but just like the grass if you dig it up or in this case burn into it the ball you will find a hidden space.



 Created my own space within the ball....


 I got a tiny piece of styrafoam painted it with black paint. Covering the ball I shook it and the tiny piece had left behind marks of its movement. below tiny black dots...

Using different colour threads I then connected the dots and it created this overlapping of colour and line which later inspired me to look up artist working with colourful threads which lead me to Gabriel Dawe.
This does remind me of the roots and how they overlap and create these tiny spaces...

2inchs in size

 Experimenting with a smaller scale 1inch in size

1inch in size


1 and a half cm in size

No comments:

Post a Comment