Sunday 30 December 2012

Unoccupied Space...The Staircase....

I filled a staircase in my college using the same material (rope) as I did with the last one, Like the perious piece I only took over the unoccupied space on the stairs so it wasnt in anyones way! I liked that when I looked down at the piece from the top of the stairs I was still getting these geometric lines but they were overlapping eachother and in some of the photos the staircase acted as a frame for the piece which I thought was interesting! But in this installation to me although when I take the photos from the top of the stairs or the bottom it creates similar geometric lines but when you are standing on the stairs looking directly at the piece it is more like a spider web which is what I think took away from it! The colour also didnt stand out that well againist the walls but the most sucessful part of this experiment for me was the photographs!












A student changed the colour of the room by covering the window in red, I decided to take advantage of this take some photographs





                    Below is the most sucessful photograph as it is almost like a drawing on the wall..




No comments:

Post a Comment