Friday 21 December 2012

Lines by Day..Circles by Night..


I had successfully taken over my space with the rope but even with a good quality camera I still could not capture the full effect because I had to photograph it in sections, I thought of another way of capturing just how much space the lines had taken over by attaching glow sticks to each line were it connected to another to see if it also capture the impact it had on the space and highlight the direction of each line!

I



For me this was also a success only it still was more effective when I was standing in the studio than on photographs and video but what I liked about this experiment was that it did capture the movement of the lines and were each one connects but it turns the piece into a completely different one! But they both have one thing in common that is colour! By day it is these colourful geometric lines taken over a whole space by night its floating circles that have depth and structure to them. This is what I liked most about it! Throughout my work this year I have been experimenting using lines different type of line and circles and it was nice to combine these two shapes into one piece!




I was not happy with how the video turned out as so many of the glow sticks didn’t turn up on it! It was disappointing!














No comments:

Post a Comment