Monday 12 November 2012

Colour and Line Outdoor Installation

I have create an installation piece using hand dyed rope and lightweight fabrics as my materials, the rope takes to the colour of the dyes brilliantly as I wanted each colour to be bright and bold as to make the piece more alive and to set a happy mood within my space which is my studio! I still have some work to do on this piece so images etc will follow soon!!




Moving on from this then I have created another piece using the same materials only outside, attaching the rope from one tree to the next and adding some colourful fabric, the bright colour looks great against the natural green of the leafs and also reminds me of my last outdoor installation and how the colour of the clothes looked against the green grass!!

Still moving on from where I originally started but still showing the relation of lines overlapping continuing taking over a space but again bring the colour element into this piece!! Using the fabric to focus the viewers attention to the negative space that the lines create!!









No comments:

Post a Comment