Monday 17 September 2012

Andy Goldworthy

The breif we have been given for the next 13 weeks is titled 'To Sense my Space' Over the past week I have been brainstorming different ideas as I do not want to pick just one idea yet, out of the three ideas I have, I've begun research stage...

My first idea I am looking at nature as my sense of space so I came arross artist Andy Goldworthy.
Andy Goldworthy is a British sculptor, photographer and environmentalist producing site-specific sculpture and land art situated in natural and urban settings.

What I find most interesting about Goldworthys work is that he uses natural materials in natural surroundings (site-specific), But displays and constructs the sculptures in an unique way, I find the more I see of his pieces that even though they are unique and each are made up in a new space most have one thing in common and that is a circle, as you can see from the below images. So I am going to research bit more into Goldworthy and see why most of his pieces are created as a circle shape form.





No comments:

Post a Comment